Well, the bed has been completed for a little while now and I am pretty glad it is. I actually somewhat late to the game of posting this update but I’ve got some feedback/use on this one. Kind of a good side effect of posting late on this one.
Just a little recap, I decided that my oldest needed a bed a little while a go and that I would make her one. The design I chose was Gary Rogowski arts and craft bed published by the taunton press a few years back.
I really fell in love with the form of the bed. Had to adapt the dimensions a little as her bed was a single bed and I believe that the originals plan dimensions are for a queen size bed. I also decided to make the bed In Maple which differs from the material that was used in the article.
Well this was a pretty good experience to learn from, which I guess could be said from some to most projects. At least at the stage that I am. I will always find some items to fix or do better, which part of the journey, my journey. I don’t expect to do perfect the first time but to see what I missed and what I can do better next time.
The devil is in the details and it is something I need to get better at. Not struggle but need to get better at. I had another example this morning where someone came to get some products and there a few items that were not up to spec. They were easy to fix on the spot and it was an easy fix. There might be more coming from this person and I now know what to expect to deliver with this person. This one was very valuable for the next projects.