I finally got around to built the dust collector structure to support the motor from the old one.
Sourced the different material to complete the project, but the first item on the list to make the project moving again was to build the structure. So went to the big box store and sourced a few 2 by material and started building.
Just before screwing anything on the wall, I needed to get some basic dimensions from the motor housing itself and started to also plan the connections between the housing and the Super dust deputy from Oneida. I also had to consider the height of the total assembly. It is sitting below the garage door rails. The door which I still plan to use so the total height could not interfere with the opening of the door
I also got the external filter that I needed to roughly position in relation to the installation as I also got to hang it. As a reminder, I got one of the external filter cartridge from Oneida and it hangs from the top. As I plan for it to be close to the motor, I planned for the installation close by and also planned for the structure to hang it close and also not interfere with the garage door when opening and closing.
So what’s next ?
- Get some physical help to hoist the motor on the structure
- I recycled the 2 HP motor from my 1 stage DC. It is still very good and powerful enough for the single car garage that I operate from. Granted that the separator will reduce the suction, but all my tools that generate are pretty close from a DC requirement perspective
- Run the electricity to the new location
- I will reuse the same breaker and wall plug as the old setup. Well get that scheduled with proper certified personnel to get the install functioning
- Filter assembly install and hook up
- As mentioned, once the motor install is done, I will hang the filter and make the connection through 5″ flex hose. The distance here is very small so not too worried that this is flex hose.
- Redo the duct run
- I need to reverse the Y’s so that they now point in the proper direction and redo the run. I will leave the size of the pipping @ 4″ with a 5″ hookup to the separator. Y es I know, I will eventually change the run when I get a little bit more money in the bank account.
- I will also reposition some machine along that wall, getting them closer to the DC and spare a it of space between them.
- I will provision a port for the planner along the run, as I hooked it up directly to the DC in the old configuration.
Here are some pictures for the setup as it is now. The next picture should be pretty close to completion of the transformation. Pretty happy for far of the setup.