Some times, simple is better. Trying to overcomplicate things is where you loose time for something that is not really worth it.
Sometimes it is worth it to try a new technique or something that you are learning, but not this time for me.
Around Christmas time, I received some gift certificates for a local tool shop (Outils Pierre Berger) and had spotted some sets of screwdrivers that I had been looking for a while. They are Wera screwdrivers set. I had tried these screwdrivers and felt good in my hand and was the occasion to pull the trigger on them.
They came with sets of hangers that you can hand in different places. Until I started redoing my tool cabinet to store the different tool set, I found that I did not really have a good place to fit it in. Did not really want to make new tool holders to fit in the cabinet.
They have since been lying on my workbench without a proper place to hold them and when I was reaching for one of the screwdrivers, I always reminded myself that I had to do something to hold them properly.
So I started with French cleats and tried to arrange something with some scrap wood lying in the shop to construct the assembly and would be long enough to span between the studs.
Well I tried and failed with the french cleat. I will not go into the details of the assembly that I tried but finally decided to abandoned this install and just found 2 pieces of wood that was big enough to screw 2 screws in the stud (so tall enough) so it would not move and have enough width so that the holder would fit on each of the piece of wood.
All that to say that it was a simple install, just procrastinated long enough and ultimately took about 5 minutes to install and 8 screws and now they are accessible and and I am very happy.